This page provides links to current and past budget and tax information.
- Mar. 1: Districts submit tax levy limit to state comptroller
- Apr. 17: Board of education candidate nominating petitions are due in the office of the district clerk no later than 5 p.m.
- Apr. 24: Districts submit “Property Tax Report Card” to New York State Education Department
- Apr. 25-May 2: District must complete budgets
- May 2-9: Districts must hold a public hearing on the budget
- May 2-16: Budget copies available to residents
- May 10: Deadline for mailing “budget notice”
- May 16: Annual budget vote and board of education election
Mark your calendar to vote May 16
Central Valley School District residents will go to the polls on Tuesday, May 16 to vote on the 2017-18 school budget. Polls are open noon-8 p.m. in the Central Valley Academy small gym, 111 Frederick St., Ilion. To vote, you must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. citizen, and a resident of the school district at least 30 days prior to the vote.
Timeline of a school budget
Most people only become aware of school budgets when the local media begins running budget stories or school districts begin holding budget meetings. The truth is that the budget process begins long before. Here is a timeline that explains the school district’s budget process.
Paying your tax bill
Early in September, Herkimer County prints and mails Central Valley CSD’s property tax bills. Taxes must be paid in full and are due no later than Oct. 1. Taxes paid after Oct. 1 are subject to a 2 percent fee. Taxes may be paid by mail or in person.
- To pay by mail, make checks payable to Cherri L Hyer, Central Valley CSD Receiver of Taxes and mail to:
Cherri L Hyer
Central Valley CSD Receiver of Taxes
PO Box 160
Mohawk, NY 13407
- To pay in person:
66 E Main St, Mohawk, NY
9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
The office is closed Labor Day and Columbus Day.