To register a student
The information below describes the general process for registering your child at Central Valley School District. For a detailed outline of the process, please read the Registration Guidelines (PDF).
Registering a student at Central Valley School District begins with a visit to the District Registrar located at Central Valley Academy, 111 Frederick St., Ilion. Registration hours are Monday through Friday 9-11 a.m. and noon-2 p.m. by appointment only. To schedule an appointment contact the district registrar at 894-3210.
The District Registrar ensures the student is a legal resident of the district and then collects school and state mandated information, Once all registration paperwork is complete, the District Registrar assigns students to the appropriate school building.
- Kindergarten – Residents of the district who are five years old on or before December 1 are eligible for Kindergarten.
- PreKindergarten – Residents of the district who are four years old on or before December 1 are eligible for Pre-Kindergarten.
- PreK-12 Enrollment Form (PDF)—This paperwork is required to be completed by all new students entering the district. You may print or pick up the paperwork in person at the building you are registering in.
- PreK Questionnaire (PDF)—Print and complete this form if you are registering for PreKindergarten.
- PreK Index of Need (PDF) – Print and complete this form if you are registering for PreKindergarten.
- Emergency Release Notification Form (PDF) – This form should be completed for information on the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s), emergency contacts, and medical proxy.
- Acceptable Use of Technology Agreement (PDF) – Signing this form acknowledges the student and parent agrees to the Central Valley CSD Acceptable Use of Technology Policy.
- PreK Student Transportation Form (PDF) – Complete for PreKindergarten only. The form indicates if student will ride the bus or parent provides transportation.
- Proof of Residency – Parents must provide proof the student is a legal resident of the school district. Accepted proof includes any of the following that clearly identify the parent’s/guardian’s name and physical address (post office boxes are not acceptable proof): rent receipt; mortgage receipt or bill; utility bill or receipt; cable TV bill or receipt; telephone bill or receipt.
- Proof of Custody – In situations involving legal separation or divorce, registering parents must prove they are legally authorized to register the child for school. Accepted proof includes legal court papers or a notarized statement signed by both parents.
- Proof of Date of Birth – Accepted proof includes birth certificate or baptismal certificate.
- Physician Physical – All students must have had a physical within the previous 12 months.
- Immunization Records – All students must provide proof that students meet all New York immunization requirements—regardless if transferring from a school within state, out of state, or from a foreign country.
- Student Records – For students transferring from another district, Central Valley will request the student records from the child’s former school. Placement and services will be determined once student records are received.