Central Valley School District has the following vacancies. Please indicate your interest in writing to the Human Resources Director (unless otherwise indicated) by the date listed.
Parties interested in administrative positions should apply through the Online Application System for Educators (OLAS) website.
- There are not any administrative openings at this time.
Parties interested in instructional positions should apply through the Online Application System for Educators (OLAS) website.
- The district anticipates the following vacancies for the 2017-2018 school year:
- English as a New Language Teacher (ENL)
- Elementary Teacher
- Family & Consumer Science Teacher
- Spanish Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Physical Education Teacher
- School Counselor
- Science Teacher (Living Environment/Earth Science certification preferred)
- Technology Teacher
- Health Teacher
- Food Service Worker 5 hours/day – Interested parties should respond in writing by Friday, Aug. 19 to Dr. Richard Hughes, Superintendent, Central Valley Central School District, 111 Frederick St., Ilion or by phone at 315-894-9934.
- Food Service Helper substitutes – Interested parties should respond in writing to Dr. Richard Hughes, Superintendent, Central Valley Central School District, 111 Frederick St., Ilion or by phone at 315-894-9934.
- Bus drivers – Clean CDL/Class B License with P/S Endorsements required. Interested parties should respond in writing to Chad Francisco, Transportation Supervisor, Central Valley CSD Bus Garage, 22 E. Main Street, Mohawk or by phone at 315-866-2140. (Ongoing recruitment)
Central Valley School District utilizes the Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego BOCES Substitute service. For more information on applying to become a substitute visit the Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego BOCES employment page (Applitrack).
New York State Education Fingerprinting Information
Update to fingerprinting procedures effective July 10, 2015.
- New/prospective employees may go online to https://ny.ibtfingerprint.com/ to schedule an appointment or call toll-free (877) 472-6915.
- The fingerprinting fee ($102) can be paid only with a credit card at the time of scheduling via telephone or website.
- Cash or check payments may be used only at the time of the fingerprinting appointment. Checks should be made payable to MorphoTrust USA.
- Fingerprinting locations in our area:
- Working Solutions, 320 North Prospect Street, Herkimer, NY 13350
- Professional Investigations and Process Services, 111 East Chestnut Street, Rome, NY 13440
- When setting up an appointment an ORI number is required which is “TEACH.”
It is the policy of Central Valley Central School District not to discriminate on the basis of sex, handicap, race, color, national origin, or age in its educational programs, activities, or employment, in accordance with Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. For more information on this policy, contact Lisa Hoffman, Title IX Officer at 315-574-3115.