Voters approve the 2019-20 budget
Central Valley School District voters went to polls on Tuesday, May 21 and approved the district’s proposed 2019-20 school budget 262 yes — 29 no. The budget passed with 93.2 percent in favor. Voters also elected Jane North, Matt Darrow, and Jason Sanchez to three-year terms to the board of education. (more details)
Key numbers – 2019-20 budget
- Total spending—$51,949,184; up 9.37 percent or $4,449,184 compared to the current year
- Tax levy—$8,600,000; increase of $0 or 0.0 percent
- Board of education election—three candidates vying for three seats. Jason Sanchez, Matt Darrow, Jane North will appear on the ballot in that order.
Tax levy remains lower than 2012-13
On Tuesday, May 15, residents of the Central Valley School District will go to the polls to vote on the district’s proposed $47,500,000 budget for the 2018-19 school year. The proposal would increase spending 5.61 percent or $2,525,000 more than the current year. This would result in a 1.94 percent or $164,000 tax levy increase. The proposed levy is less than the district’s tax levy limit and will require a simple majority of greater than 50 percent of voters for approval. (Read more about the 2019-20 budget vote)
Required budget information
Required budget information online—New York State law requires that school districts post certain budget information online for the public to review. Below find PDFs of each required report. If you have any trouble accessing the information in the PDFs, please contact the district business office at 315-894-5000, press 6. Copies are also available from the district office.
- 2019-20 Three Part Budget (PDF)—the district’s proposed expenditures broken down into three categories (administration, instruction and capital.
- 2019-20 Budget Expenditure Detail (PDF)—the district’s proposed expenditures by line.
- 2019-20 Budget Revenue Detail (PDF)—the district’s proposed revenues by line.
- 2019-20 Budget Notice (PDF)—a one-page document that compares the district’s proposed budget, tax levy, and three-part budget components to last year’s adopted budget, voting information and projected STAR savings.
- 2019-20 Property Tax Report Card (PDF)—the district’s property tax levy calculation and information related to the district’s reserve funds. This is also available for the NYS Education Department as an Excel spreadsheet.
- Central Valley CSD 2017-18 School Fiscal Report Card (PDF)—Complete data may be viewed on the NYS Education Department website.
- Property Exemption—listing of properties that are exempt from school property taxes. This includes both tax exempt properties and properties covered under Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) agreements.
- 2019-20 Administrative Salary Disclosure (PDF)—the superintendent’s and assistant superintendent’s salaries, benefits and other compensation.
- 2019-20 Budget Newsletter (PDF)