Slide show of Expectations for Virtual Learners (All information in the slide show is listed below.)
Be on time for class
- Be in the waiting room for each of your zoom classes when the period begins.
- Set alarms for your classes that are scheduled after lunch and study halls to help you be punctual.
- Once logged into your class, stay in your class for the entire class period or until your teacher dismisses you.
- Keep a copy of the Jarvis Bell Schedule nearby. Jarvis 2020-2021 Bell Schedule
Have your materials ready ahead of time
- Know your class schedule and which letter day it is.
- Have your Google Classroom open in a tab.
- Have your materials organized by class.
- Keep your Chromebook charged and in good working order.
- Have a workspace that is free from distractions like
- pets, siblings, other devices, games, and the television.
- Try to work at a desk or table instead of a bed or couch.
- Turn on your camera for class period attendance.
- Turn on your camera when speaking to your teacher.
- If it is your teacher’s classroom expectation that your camera stays on all period, this expectation must be met.
- Your microphone should be muted during class.
- Unmute your microphone when speaking to your teacher, answering a question, or addressing your classmates.
Chats within ZOOM classes - **Students must log into their ZOOM with their first and last names.**
- On topic—Chats should include questions about the topic being discussed and related to the class content.
- Respectful—Chats should be respectful, responsible comments and questions about class material.
- Not peer-to-peer—Chats should NOT include peer-to-peer discussions and interactions unless specifically directed by the teacher.
- Task-oriented—Chats should be used to ask clarifying or follow up questions to the teacher.
- Wednesdays will now be a virtual learning day for all Jarvis students. On Wednesday, it is your responsibility to:
- Log in to Advisory/First period to be marked present for the day.
- Complete the assignments and tasks posted in each of your Google Classrooms.
- If your teacher schedules a meeting time or class with you, you are expected to attend. These will not be voluntary.
Communication and Grades
- Email your teachers!—Use complete sentences and appropriate language. Please consider this an opportunity to practice professional communication skills.
- Office hours—Teacher will have office hours where they can set up meetings with you or you can request to meet with them. Please reach out to them for help.
- SchoolTool—Check your SchoolTool account often for your current grades and for missing assignments. Complete corrections on low grades if allowed.
- Google Classroom—Be sure you are completing all assignments in your google classroom. If you don’t understand due dates or expectations, your teachers will help you.
Questions? Please reach out:
- Alina Horner, Guidance for grades 5 & 7 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Buttacaroli, Guidance for grades 6 & 8; email@example.com
- Jessica Bowman, Assistant Principal ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charles Pratt, Principal; email@example.com
- Jarvis Middle School Main Office 315-866-2620