The Central Valley Central School District Fitness Center is open to all residents of the district for use free of charge. It is located at Central Valley Academy. The facility houses high-quality equipment for all your fitness needs including cardio machines, strength training machines and free weights.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Closed during holidays and school breaks. Signs will be posted on the front doors to notify the public of closures in advance.
- Closed when school is not in session due to inclement weather (snow days).
Fitness Center Guidelines
- Proof of Ilion or Mohawk residency is required. You must be a district resident or pay Central Valley CSD taxes, in order to use the facility. Supervision workers reserve the right to request proof of residency when in question.
- You must attend a fitness center training class. In order to use the fitness center, you must attend an orientation class and be issued a fitness center member card. Classes are held every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
- All visitors must sign in. Sign-in sheets are found at the registration desk. Please sign in upon arrival whether using the fitness center or track.
- Street shoes are not permitted. In an effort to protect the equipment, you are required to bring a clean, dry pair of footwear to change into once you enter the center.
- Disinfect machines after EVERY use. Disinfectant cleaner and paper towels are provided for your use. Please be considerate of the next person using the machine by cleaning.
- No food, gum, or colored drinks are allowed. Please bring clear water only.
- Age requirement. Central Valley Academy students are able to use the facility after they have had orientation in their physical education class. Students younger than ninth grade are not able to use the fitness center.
- Current Central Valley students. CVA or Central Valley Pathways students must be in good standing in their school.
- Former CVA students. Students who have graduated need to be issued a fitness center resident member card by attending a refresher orientation class.
The indoor track above the main gym is open for use during fitness center hours to Central Valley Central School District residents free of charge. One mile on the indoor track is 13 laps.
- You must sign in and sign out at the fitness center registration desk upon entering and leaving the track.
- Please change footwear before entering the track. In an effort to keep the track free of mud, salt, water, etc., street shoes should not be worn.
- Attending a fitness center orientation class is not required if you are only using the track.
- Children younger than ninth grade are not permitted on the track.