Principal Hoskey welcomes students and their families back to Jarvis Middle School! The first day of school for students is Thursday, September 4. The school day begins at 8:05 a.m. and ends at 3:05 p.m. Welcome back letters including the student Advisory teacher assignments and transportation schedules have been mailed home.
- On opening day, students who need to eat breakfast should report to the cafeteria for breakfast.
- Fifth grade students that are not eating breakfast should go up to the fifth grade hallway to their Advisory teacher’s classroom.
- Sixth through eighth grade students who are not eating breakfast will wait in the auditorium until they are released to go to their advisory classroom.
- Students will receive the following from their Advisory teacher:
- Agenda planner
- First day paperwork
- Opening Day Assembly – a grade level assembly will be held where expectations for the year will be outlined by the administration.
- Students have been assigned to an Advisory Teacher. Advisory teacher assignments were mailed in July, but are available in the main office for students that have forgotten.
- The building will open daily at 7:30 a.m.
- Buses begin arriving at 7:30 a.m.
- Parents are welcome to drive their students to school; however, we encourage you to avoid Grove Street (the street directly in front of the school) as our busses unload there and personal vehicles simply add to the congestion. Parents may want to consider dropping students off on Richfield St. or Main St. by the American Legion.
- When students enter the building:
- Students that would like breakfast should go to the cafeteria. When finished, the fifth grade students should go up to the fifth grade hallway. Grades six through eighth students should report to the auditorium.
- Students not eating breakfast should report immediately to their designated area.
- Dismissal begins at 3:05 p.m.
- Fifth grade students will be escorted from the building at dismissal by their advisory teachers. All other students are dismissed from their classrooms.
- Please be sure that your child knows the bus they should be riding upon dismissal. Busing information was mailed to you from the transportation department.
Fifth grade orientation
Family Orientation was held on Wednesday, August 20 for new fifth grade students. It was an opportunity for students and their families to become familiar with the building on a self-guided tour. There was also a BINGO game families could play as they wandered throughout the building getting to know different areas. The Family Orientation night was a success and students feel more comfortable with the transition to fifth grade and a new school building.
- View the Jarvis Fifth Grade Family Orientation (PDF) – The packet contains information on the dress code, first day procedures and frequently asked questions.