On a 7-0 vote at its regular August 10 meeting, the Central Valley School District Board of Education approved the transportation committee’s recommendation to adopt a staggered school start schedule beginning September 2016.
The school schedules will be:
- Jarvis Middle School — 7:35 a.m.-2:15 p.m.
- Central Valley Academy — 7:40 a.m.-2:09 p.m.
- Barringer Road and Fisher Elementary schools — 8:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
The Transportation Department is currently printing and mailing finalized bus schedules to each household.
- Will shorten the length of bus rides at no additional cost to the district,
- Preserve after school activities at the middle and high schools,
- Expand opportunities for secondary school students to take advantage of academic opportunities and receive help if needed, and
- Better align the CVA bell schedule with BOCES programs.
The board also voted to approve the appointment of Debora VanSlyke as the district’s Director of Curriculum effective Sept. 1 and school trips to Hawaii and Philadelphia.