- Voters approve 2016-17 budget, elect three new board members
- Proposal calls for 1 percent cut in spending and the tax levy
- Six vie for seats on the board of education
- Absentee ballots available through May 16
- Get tax information online—find the actual tax bill, full property value, assessed value and STAR exemption.
- Central Valley CSD Budget Newsletter (PDF)—view a PDF of the complete budget newsletter. This is the same newsletter sent to all district residents.
(Note: This following information will be posted as soon as the board of education adopts a proposed budget. Anticipated late April 2016.)
- Proposed Budget Presentation (PDF)—view a PDF of Business Official Ken Long’s presentation of the proposed budget at the district’s budget hearing on May 10.
- Required budget information online – New York State law requires that school districts post certain budget information online for the public to review. Below find PDFs of each required report. Copies are also available from the district office and each school office.
- 2016-2017 Three Part Budget (PDF)—the district’s proposed expenditures broken down into three categories (administration, instruction and capital.
- 2016-2017 Budget Expenditure Detail (PDF)—the district’s proposed expenditures by line.
- 2016-2017 Budget Revenue Detail (PDF)—the district’s proposed revenues by line.
- 2016-2017 Budget Notice (PDF)—a one-page document that compares the district’s proposed budget, tax levy, and three-part budget components to last year’s adopted budget, voting information and projected STAR savings.
- 2016-2017 Property Tax Report Card (PDF)—the district’s property tax levy calculation and information related to the district’s reserve funds.
- Central Valley CSD 2014-2015 School Fiscal Report Card (PDF)—financial, academic and enrollment data as reported by the NYS Education Department. Complete data may be viewed on the NYS Education Department website.
- Property Exemption—listing of properties that are exempt from school property taxes. This includes both tax exempt properties and properties covered under Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) agreements.
- 2016-2017 Administrative Salary Disclosure (PDF)—the superintendent’s and assistant superintendent’s salaries, benefits and other compensation.
- Voters to weigh proposed 2016-17 school budget—On Tuesday, May 17, Central Valley School District residents will vote on the new district’s proposed budget for the 2016-17 school year.
- May 10, 2015 – Budget hearing held at 7 p.m. in the CVA Large Group Instruction room (LGI).
- May 17, 2016 – Budget vote noon-8 p.m. in the CVA small gym.
Budget documents & resources
Glossary of Budget Terms – definitions of terms used in the budget process
- State aid for Central Valley – access the New York State Education Department (NYSED) website detailing information on state aid for Central Valley CSD.