The Transportation Department provides busing to students in grades preK-12.
Contacting the Transportation Department
Have questions or concerns about bus runs, bus stops, drivers, behavior on the bus or at bus stops? Please contact Transportation Director Chad Francisco at 866-2140 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of a transportation emergency, please contact the school or district office.
Bus transportation eligibility
Following is the bus transportation eligibility for Central Valley School District students:
- All kindergarten and Pre-K students may ride the bus from their nearest bus stop.
- Grades 1-8 students living more than one mile from their school are eligible for busing.
- Grade 9-12 students living more than 1 1/2 miles from their school are eligible for busing.
- Exceptions are for students living in areas without sidewalks that are also deemed dangerous due to heavy traffic.
Requesting an alternative bus stop
District policy allows parents to request a pick-up or drop-off point that differs from a student’s home address (refer to the bus transportation guidelines). To request an alternative address, you must complete the Alternative Transportation Request (PDF) and return it to your child’s school office by 10 a.m. the day of the requested change.
Bus transportation guidelines
The Central Valley School District transportation policy is to provide safe bus transportation for eligible students from one bus stop to school each morning and from school to one bus stop each afternoon. Although the morning stop and afternoon stop do not have to be the same, they cannot vary day-to-day. As examples:
- Allowed: Each morning, Alyson boards a bus from her home. Each afternoon Alyson takes a bus to her babysitter’s.
- Not Allowed: Alyson takes a bus home on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and takes a bus to her babysitter’s on Tuesday and Thursday.
Occasionally, parents may request a child be picked up or dropped off at a different bus stop (for an appointment, etc.). Parents must notify the child’s school—not Transportation Office—by completing the Alternative Transportation Request (PDF) by 9 a.m. the day of the requested change.
In the event of an unexpected family, medical or other emergency, please notify your child’s school as soon as possible to arrange alternative transportation.
Bus Stop Etiquette
Our buses transport children of all ages. We ask that adults who wait with the students use child-appropriate language and not smoke in the vicinity of the children.
Central Valley Academy and Jarvis Middle School will have a 4 p.m. late bus for students staying after school only for academic reasons. Students must sign up by 12:30 p.m. in the school office to be eligible for a late bus.