“Every day should be Earth Day,” according to Mrs. Murphy’s class at Jarvis Middle School. Earth day is an annual event held on April 22 to educate and demonstrate environmental protection and to remember the love of nature. People all over the world help preserve the environment with small acts that make a difference and help keep the planet clean.
To celebrate Earth Day 2015, Mrs. Murphy’s class spent two days picking up litter around Jarvis Middle School. The students have also been keeping record of their random acts of environmental kindness showing support of Earth Day throughout the year. Such acts have included:
- recycling plastic, glass and papers
- planting trees
- not letting the water run while brushing their teeth
- turning off lights when not in use
- making notepads out of scrap pieces of paper
- preparing plant based meals