Enrollment Parent Letter
Enrollment letter to parent or person in parental relation
Dear Parent/Person in Parental Relation:
Thank you for your interest in the Central Valley Central School District (the “District”). Please provide the following information along with the attached registration paperwork so that we may enroll your child in the District’s schools.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY:
Please submit evidence of you and your child’s physical presence in the District. This evidence may include:
1) A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
2) A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn; or
3) Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent(s)’ or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the district.
If the documentation listed above is not available, the District will consider other forms of documentation, which may include, but will not be limited to:
• pay stub;
• income tax form;
• utility or other bills;
• membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency;
• voter registration document(s);
• official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification;
• State or other government issued identification;
• documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or
• evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.
The District may also require the parent(s) to provide an affidavit either:
1) indicating that they are the parent(s) with whom the child lawfully resides; or
2) indicating that they are the person(s) in parental relation to the child, over whom they have total and permanent custody and control, and describing how they obtained total and permanent custody and control, whether through guardianship or otherwise.
The District will also accept other proof, such as documentation indicating that the child resides with a sponsor with whom the child has been placed by a federal agency.
PROOF OF AGE:
The District will require documentation and/or information establishing your child’s age. Please supply a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth. Where this documentation is not available, a passport (including a foreign passport) may be used.
Where birth certificate or passport is not available, the District may consider certain other evidence, which has been in existence two years or more. Other evidence may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• official driver’s license;
• state or other government issued identification;
• school photo identification with date of birth;
• consulate identification card;
• hospital or health records;
• military dependent identification card;
• documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
• court orders or other court-issued documents;
• Native American tribal document; or
• records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.
EVIDENCE OF IMMUNIZATIONS & PHYSICAL:
In accordance with New York State’s Public Health Law, the District must also receive evidence that your child has been immunized in accordance with the New York State Department of Heath Immunization Bureau’s Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance. These records will be necessary to ensure your child’s continued attendance. Additionally, please provide us with records of any recent physical examination your student has received. New York State mandates that each new student entering a public school is required to have a physical examination upon entering the District. A physical completed no more than twelve months before the first day of the school year in question will meet this requirement.
NOTICE OF RIGHTS REGARDING REFERRAL FOR EVALUATION FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION:
If you suspect that your child is in need of special education services or programs, you may refer your child to the District’s Committee on Special Education for evaluation. The referral should be made to Lisa Hoffman, the District’s Director of Student Services, at the following address: Central Valley Academy, 111 Frederick St., Ilion, NY 13357. Director Hoffman’s telephone number is (315) 574-3115, and her email address is email@example.com. The New York State Education Department website has information regarding this process and your rights. A copy of the Parent Guide to Special Education may be obtained from the following website or upon your written request to Director Hoffman:
If you have any questions with respect to the foregoing, please contact the principal of your child’s school at the following numbers:
- Barringer Road Elementary– Mr. Aaron Carey – (315) 894-8420
- Central Valley Academy – Mr. Richard Keeler – (315) 895-7471
- Fisher Elementary – Mrs. Michele Pilla – (315) 866-4851
- Jarvis Middle School – Mr. Charles Pratt – (315) 866-2620
Very truly yours,
Jeremy M. Rich
Central Valley Central School District
Superintendent of Schools