Central Valley Central School District receives Title 1 funds from the federal government under Section 1116 of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) regulations. A requirement of this funding is that we inform parents of their right to know their child’s teacher’s qualifications and the qualifications of any paraprofessional who may be working with him/her under the Title 1 funding at your child’s school as a targeted assistance school, and any staff member, paraprofessional and teacher, at your child’s school, as a school wide project building.
You are able to request the following information about the professional qualifications of the teachers/staff:
- Whether the child’s teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived;
- Whether the child’s teacher is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher;
- Whether the child is provided services from paraprofessionals and if so, their qualifications.
If you wish to receive this information, please complete and sign a request form (download below as PDF) and return to our office. We will determine if there are any Title 1 staff working with your child and mail back a response with the details that you have requested. If you have any questions, please feel free to call your school principal:
- Harry M. Fisher Elementary School at 315-866-4851
- Barringer Road Elementary School at 315-894-8420
- Gregory B. Jarvis Middle School at 315-866-2620