Eric Gahan (Ilion ’96) will return to Central Valley on Saturday, Dec. 19, 9 a.m.-noon to share his 15 years experience as an athletic trainer, strength coach, and post rehabilitation specialist with CVA athletes and their coaches.
His presentation will address:
- What is Strength Training,
- What is Mobility and Stretching,
- What are the movements(exercises) that will lay the foundation for sustainable strength in Sport and Life,
- How having sustainable strength makes you resilient on and off the field/court,
- Hands On Application of: Learn the details to perform these movements for great strength and safety,
- Bench-Press and Over Head Military Press, and
- Kettlebell Swing
Last August, Gahan contacted CVA’s Athletic Department at Central Valley Academy, wanting to give back to his home community. As a former Ilion football and track athlete, he knew he could help Central Valley’s athletes and coaches.
“Thinking back to my high school sports timeline I would have loved to have had a coach come in to help teach these fundamental movements. I did train some of these movements in high school, but not with the detail that is needed to safely and effectively perform them,” he said.
Jonna Costin, Central Valley Academy physical education teacher and coach, said, “The coaches at CVA are very excited for this opportunity. We can’t thank Eric enough for thinking of all of us here at CVA. Our kids are going to truly benefit from this opportunity.”
Gahan co-owner, co-founder and head instructor at Iron Body Studios in Boston. After graduating from Ilion, he earned a Bachelors of Athletic Training from Canisius College ’00 and his Master of Science in Kinesology and Health Promotion from the University of Kentucky ’02. He also holds a number of fitness training certifications.