Let’s face it, school has changed and that leaves parents unsure about what they can do to help their children be successful.
Jarvis Middle School is offering parents a hand with its Parent Support Series. The next session is 6-8 p.m. on Monday, May 21.
Don’t worry about dinner—there’s pizza for parents in the cafeteria 5-6 p.m.
Don’t worry about transportation, we’re running two buses to get you to Jarvis and back.
What you’ll learn
Choose three half-hour sessions from the following topics shared by our Jarvis staff:
- Apps for skills review and practice opportunities to prevent the “summer slide”
- Understanding common trends, changes, and challenges of middle schoolers
- Specific content area information and graduation requirements
- BUZZ Learning Platform and how it supports student learning
- Study Skills in the Content Areas
- The Importance of Music in Student’s Lives
- Reading Skills and Strategies
- DASA: What it means, what it does, how it is reported
- Graduation Requirements for your child
- Connections between Social Studies and the Content Areas
Bus 1 picks up:
- 5:05—Ilion Heights
- 5:10—Barringer St and 2nd Street West
- 5:15—Colonial Circle
- 5:20—Ilion Moose
- 5:25—Barringer and 2nd Street East
Bus 2 picks up:
- 5:05—Ilion Elks at West and West
- 5:10—Otsego Street and Weber Street
- 5:15—Remington School
- 5:20—Lower Tolpa
Further transportation assistance can be provided to meet individual needs. Please call (315) 866-2620.