Partway into summer, most parents and guardians will hear their students say, "I'm sooo bored!"
To fight boredom and to strengthen student reading skills, the Jarvis Middle School library has the perfect solution—the Jarvis Summer Reading Program. Library Media Specialist Nadine Meyerriecks has put together a a selection of fun and age-appropriate books and supporting materials for current 5th, 6th and 7th graders.
The program is simple; students:
- Choose one fiction and one non-fiction book (the books are free and students get to keep them)
- Receive a take-home pack that includes reading and writing activities, a Summer Reading Journal, and tips to help make the most of their reading experience.
- Read their selected book(s).
- Find their selected book materials (also found on students’ Summer Reading Program Classroom via Google Classroom)
- Answer corresponding questions online for their book(s).
- Complete optional activities in the Summer Reading Journal for additional support.
- Receive prizes, including t-shirts, sling bags, fun school supplies, ice cream coupons, and a special celebration when we return to school in September!
This information was shared with parents in a Summer Reading Letter. For more information, reach out to email@example.com