All current Central Valley fourth graders will attend a fifth grade orientation during the school day on Tuesday, June 24 at Jarvis Middle School.
“This visit is an important part of transitioning from elementary to middle school,” said Jarvis Principal Melissa Hoskey.
“These few hours allows fourth graders to become accustomed to a new building, to meet their new teachers and to learn a little more about what it will mean to be in middle school. Our goal is to help them overcome any concerns they may have about making the change next fall.”
Buses will transport the students from their respective schools to Jarvis for a two-hour program that includes a brief meeting in the auditorium, building tours, lunch and fun. At the end of the visit, students will be returned back to their schools for dismissal.
The schedule is as follows:
- 10:40 a.m. — Barringer and Fisher 4th grader board buses for Jarvis
- 11 a.m. — Opening presentation in the Jarvis auditorium
- 11:25 a.m. — Building tours and lunch
- 12:15 p.m. — Mystery activity
- 12:45 p.m. — Students board buses for return to Barringer and Fisher
- 1 p.m. — Dismissal of walkers and busers
Half-day for all other elementary and middle school students
Other elementary and middle school students will be dismissed early:
- Jarvis — dismissed at 11:15 a.m.
- Barringer and Fisher — dismissed at 11:30 a.m.