Parents are reminded to make certain their children’s immunizations are up to date. Students without the following immunizations will not be able to attend school after Sept. 18:
- Grade 12 – Meningitis vaccine
- Grade 7 – Meningitis vaccine
- Grade 6 (11 years old) – Tdap vaccine
- Grade 6 (10 years old) – Tdap vaccine with 15 days of turning 11 years old
School nurses reviewed student immunization records to identify students whose records show they have not received the appropriate immunizations. Calls, texts, and emails are scheduled to remind those parents. Parents can have their children immunized by their personal licensed healthcare professional or at the Herkimer County Public Health immunization clinic, 301 N Washington St., Herkimer. Clinic hours are:
- Tuesdays: 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Aug. 12: 3-6 p.m.
- Aug. 26: 3-6 p.m.
- Sept. 9: 3-6 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact your school nurse:
- CVA – 315-894-5000 x 55911
- Jarvis Middle School – 315-894-5000 x 65911
- Barringer Road Elementary: 315-894-5000 x 65911
- Fisher Elementary: 315-894-5000 x 75911