To register a student
The information below describes the general process for registering your child at Central Valley School District. For a detailed outline of the process, please read the Registration Procedures and Requirements for Student Enrollment and the Enrollment Letter to Parent or Person in Parental Relation.
Registering a student at Central Valley School District begins with a visit to the Building Registrar located at the building your child will attend based on grade level. Please contact the building for hours available:
- Harry M. Fisher Elementary, Pre-Kindergarten-first grades, 315-866-4851
- Barringer Road Elementary, second-fourth grades, 315-894-8420
- Gregory B. Jarvis Middle School, fifth-eighth grades, 315-866-2620
- Central Valley Academy, ninth-twelfth grades, 315-574-3111
The Building Registrar ensures the student is a legal resident of the district and then collects school and state mandated information, Once all registration paperwork is complete, the Building Registrar assigns students to the appropriate school building.
- Kindergarten – Residents of the district who are five years old on or before December 1 are eligible for Kindergarten.
- PreKindergarten – Residents of the district who are four years old on or before December 1 are eligible for Pre-Kindergarten.
- PreK-12 Enrollment Form (PDF)—This paperwork is required to be completed by all new students entering the district. You may print or pick up the paperwork in person at the building you are registering in.
- Physician Physical (PDF) – This is a required New York State Health Examination Form that is required to be completed for all new entrants.
- Migrant Education Eligibility Form (PDF) – This questionnaire will determine if you are eligible for Migrant Education Program services.
- Home Language Questionnaire (PDF) – This questionnaire will determine how well your child understands, speaks, reads and writes English as well as prior school and personal history.
- Housing Questionnaire (PDF) – This questionnaire will determine if your child qualifies to receive services under the McKinney-Vento Act.
- PreK Questionnaire (PDF)—Print and complete this form if you are registering for PreKindergarten.
- PreK Index of Need (PDF) – Print and complete this form if you are registering for PreKindergarten.
- Emergency Release Notification Form (PDF) – This form should be completed for information on the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s), emergency contacts, and medical proxy.
- Acceptable Use of Technology Agreement (PDF) – Signing this form acknowledges the student and parent agrees to the Central Valley CSD Acceptable Use of Technology Policy.
*Nothing will prevent Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) for residential students.