Central Valley Academy’s chapter of the Tri-M Music Honor Society presented a concert of their choral works on Tuesday, May 31. Each of the society’s 13 members performed a piece for family and friends in the high school vocal room. The concert was sponsored by Central Valley Central School District Performing Arts Boosters.
- Soprano Anna Engel singing “Ave Maria” adapted by Charles Gounod from Prelude in C by J.S. Bach
- Alto Lydia Engel singing “Lascia ch’io pianga” from Rinaldo by George Frederic Handel
- Soprano Erica Thorp singing “When I am laid in earth” from Dido and Aeneas by Henry Purcell
- Alto Sara Marmet singing “O del mio dolce ardor” from Paride ed Elena by Christoph Willibald von Gluck
- Oboist Ian Markwardt playing Third Solo de Concert by Charles Colin
- Tenor Dakota Turk singing “Hey, Ho, the Wind and the Rain” by Roger Quilter
- Alto Andrea Wilson singing “Lullaby” from The Consul by Gian Carlo Menotti
- Alto Danielle Juby singing “Your Daddy’s Son” from Ragtime; lyrics by Lynn Ahrens; music by Stephen Flaherty
- Soprano Kelsey LaVine singing “O del mio dolce ardor” from Paride ed Elena by Christoph Willibald von Gluck
- Violinist Joshua Frank playing Concerto in G – Movement I by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Tenor Cody Turk singing “When I Think Upon the Maidens” by Michael Head
- Soprano Rachel Nunneker singing “Con amores, la mi madre” by Fernando Obradors
- Tenor William Paddock singing“Anthem” from Chess by Benny Andersson, Tim Rice and Bjorn Ulvaeus
Tri-M Music Honor Society is a high school music honor society and is a program of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME). It recognizes students for their academic and musical achievements and provides leadership and service opportunities to young musicians. There are approximately 6200 participating chapters in several countries. The goal of TRI-M is to promote the ideals of service to the school music program, the school-at-large, and the community.
To qualify, CVA students must be in grades 10-12, receive at least a 90 or higher on a Level VI/All-State solo performed at NYSSMA Solo Festival and maintain a minimum GPA (90+ for sophomores, 87+ for juniors and 85+ for seniors). Tri M students perform at special events, help at concerts and attend Mohawk Valley music events for free or at a reduced cost. Students must be enrolled in performing ensembles to maintain membership in the society.